Monday 22 February 2016

MY TIME AWAY HAS BEEN

I know it has been nine days since my last post and I am eager to tell you all about everything that has been going on in my life, and believe me a lot has been going on, so here goes.
I haven't posted since my last day of work, that was Sunday.
On Monday I packed, Ok I was mostly already packed, I merely made sure I was completely done so we could load up the car that evening, everything just fit. It was a tight squeeze. We left early the following morning, my entire family and took off for dunedin, the car ride was quite, although the kids were super excited, my youngest brother was hopping to see seals in the sea on the way past. In the end it was a mostly smooth ride, we stopped a few times along the way and arrived after 6 and a half hours at 12. We were all shattered, we headed straight for my place and got everything unloaded there, honestly it felt weird, both room mates were home and I meet them they are really really nice, one mostly keeps to himself, but the other I have talked to quite a bit since getting here. Any way my room, has an incredible view, this huge window over looks the lower house (I live up a hill) and the other surrounding hills, it really is something pretty.
My parents then went and signed into their resort/motel thing, where them and the kids stayed, it was so cute and small, apparently the beds were uncomfortable. The rest of the day went fast, mum and dad took us to Wendys for lunch, I went grocery shopping, and other places to grab furniture and what not and then we grabbed dinner, fish and chips, I was so tired and sick that I was dropped off home and everyone else went for a walk on the beach. It was nice sleeping in my own room, I was already mostly unpacked as everyone kind of helped do that. It felt very weird.

The following morning we went to the cadbury factory!!!! :) I was hopping for a little more, but all in all it was fun! Really cool to see how everything was made, and we were given quite a bit of chocolate. Did you know a single java takes 24 hours to make? I know right!

Anyway, my family went home at this point, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways, I decided to go exploring and then headed home to read, we had no internet you see so I was trying to find other ways to fill time. I cooked dinner, talked to my flat mates, went to bed, I did feel a little sad, but I was trying hard to be strong and get through it, I did understand it would get better.
The following day I went and got my ID and got put into this locals program, apparently it gave us what all the halls got, equalling everything out, anyway I then went and meet up with another friend studying here, also health sciences, and found out that they get so much more then I did, I felt really stink about that, she knew exactly what she was doing and what needed to be done and well I was very lost about the whole process. We went shopping then I went home, feeling really stink about my decision to flat.

The following day I had a locals meeting and found out that it was exactly that, the same support and information that the halls were given, not to mention the free food, even pizza, It did take the weight off I meet some good people, they were all very nice and I got to know some of them really well, still friends you know six days on. ;) They all looked as lost as me. So that was good. The information they gave us really helped to put me at ease about everything.

On the Saturday I went to another gathering, none of the people I meet the first time were there, I already new that before hand though because we had exchanged numbers the day before. So I got talking to some other people, again they were nice, and we added each other on Facebook, int he afternoon I hung out with my Friend from Hagley again, we do seem very different now, she has her life in the dorms, and has said it herself she has made new friends.

On Sunday was a me day.

Monday O-week started. where to begin, firstly I didn't pay for the super pass for O week, as I wasnt interested in the concerts, toga party and rugby tickets, which was everything the passed included. Essentially if it is free, I'm gonna do it. Secondly It is so cool, they set up all of these tents, and essentially in my definition it is free stuff. On the Monday I went with a friend I had made, she is super nice, a year older, married, anyway we were disappointed at first it seemed to have not really kicked off to a good start. We got some free stuff but not a heck of a lot. We ended up going to the gym, looking around and then heading home so we could get ready for the convocation ceremony.

THE CONVOCATION CEREMONY.
We had the pre convocation ceremony where, they feed us, free food, which is really all I have eaten since I get here. We sat around talked, got these bags of stuff and our locals t-shirt. Which we put on to walk down to the convocation ceremony, at the ceremony I was sitting with a group of friends, the convocation ceremony was was expected, inspirational, the deputy  prime minister spoke and talked about, how he meet his wife here, and this is the place where we will all meet the one. Which is all we have joked about since.

The plan was to walk home with the new female flatmate that has moved in so the convocation ceremony ended, and then the comedy show ended, which I will admit I did enjoy although would have preferred to have left while it was still light out, I don't feel it was worth the risk of walking home in the dark, but out of respect and so not too leave my flatmate walking home in the dark I hung around. The show ended and we left the stadium, my flatmate wouldn't answer her phone and I didn't hear from her, so I was forced in the end to walk home alone, when the friends I was with realised that I was walking home alone they insisted upon walking me home, so we headed off to their place they took me on a tour and then we went to my place. The walk was uneventful but it was really nice for the three of them to walk me all the way back, I showed them around and then they headed off, with the plans to meet the following morning.
They are probably the most caring and nicest people I have meet so far, and I am glad to be friends with them because I think people like them will make me a better person.

This morning we had sports day, which was fun, started off with a yelling competition. We won! :P and then went on to play some games, I did football. Which I sucked at. :) But it was fun. They are really great girls, and I like them. We went back to the tents, and got even more free stuff then last time. While we were there we played a free game of laser tag... :) I know right so cool, and it was a lot of fun, all in all the day was really great. I didn't end up getting home till five and that was when I fund out we had internet oh yeah so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment